Simply Stations: Writing, Grades K-4
Literacy (Primary/Elementary) | Literacy, K-12 | Writing (Primary/Elementary)
Teach students how to practice writing skills independently – so learning sticks
Simply Stations: Writing shows how to ensure that elementary students are purposefully and effectively practicing pre-writing, storyboarding, peer editing, revising, word banks, and punctuation and spelling every day. Your students will soon be purposefully engaged and making critical steps to owning their learning.
Debbie Diller has been refining literacy stations (sometimes called centers) for more than 40 years, working with thousands of teachers and students. In this book, she guides you step-by-step through planning for instruction that incorporates literacy standards, setting up and launching writing stations, varying and refreshing content, to reflection and ongoing modification.
What stands out in this book is the full integration of instruction; Debbie shows how whole-group lessons transfer to stations work so students are practicing key skills independently – and gives you everything needed for success:
- Recommendations by grade level at every step, including grade-appropriate materials and writing resources for each station
- Whole-group lesson plans, differentiated by grade level and based on key literacy standards, to introduce and support partner work;
- On-the-spot formative assessment ideas and troubleshooting tips;
- Ideas to improve English Language Learners’ writing skills, including online Spanish-language materials;
- 40 time-saving downloadable resources for teachers and students to ensure success; and
- Dozens of full-color, real-classroom photos so you see the possibilities first-hand.
Simply Stations: Writing gives you invaluable tips, solutions, and insight that can transform the way your students learn and practice writing skills. It’s time to boost the impact of your literacy stations!
Don’t miss the other books in the Simply Stations series! Visit corwin.com/simplystations for more.