School-based Teacher Training
A Handbook for Tutors and Mentors
- Elizabeth White - University of Hertfordshire, UK
- Joy Jarvis - University of Hertfordshire, UK
Continuing Professional Development | Mentoring | Staff Leadership
Topics covered include:
- strategies for coaching and mentoring trainee teachers
- teacher training in schools
- links between teacher education and recent research
- how to develop your own identity as a teacher educator
Packed with case studies of good practice, models of successful teaching and activities to try, this practical book leads you through a professional development process that will enable you to be confident and secure in your practice.
An essential guide for tutors, mentors and all those involved in staff development in schools, the book is also useful for experienced teachers in schools who are taking on training roles and supporting and mentoring newly qualified teachers (NQTs).
Elizabeth White and Joy Jarvis both teach in the School of Education, at the University of Hertfordshire.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Sample Chapter - Ch1: The Professional Development of Teacher Educators