Saks and Allsop's Researching Health offers a comprehensive introduction to research methods for health care students and practitioners. The new third edition includes important theoretical updates, and further international content, with contributors from the UK, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Portugal, Canada, and Spain, covering a number of specialisms and providing perspectives on core topics.
There are 6 NEW chapters on:
- Principles of Health Research
- Methods of Sampling in Qualitative Health Research
- Qualitative Data Analysis and Health Research
- Researching Health Care Management Using Secondary Data
- Online Research in Health
- Disseminating and Evaluating Health Research
The book is supported by case studies, end-of-chapter exercises, annotated further reading, and access to online resources for both students and lecturers, consisting of SAGE journal articles, web links, PowerPoint slides, and teaching notes for each chapter.
- Teaching Notes to help facilitate discussion in class.
- PowerPoints Slides featuring figures, tables and key topics from the book.
- Chapter Summaries for each chapter.
- Free access to selected SAGE Journal articles
- Web links to relevant resources that will broaden understanding of chapter topics
- A Dataset for Chapter 17
- Key Concepts to strengthen understanding of key terms that appear in the book.