Packed with features to promote learning this text is ideal for use on an introductory methods course or for readers carrying out their own research project.
- an overview of the philosophy and principles of research
- qualitative and quantitative research methods and research design
- a critical review of selected methods
- methods of gathering information, such as interviews and focus groups, and discusses issues associated with ensuring quality of information
- appropriate methods for analysing and interpreting data, and covers the process of communicating research.
The inclusion of chapter objectives, regular summaries, questions for discussion and tasks and assignments, makes this the must-have text for researching politics.