- Iain Stevenson, Director, UCL Centre for Publishing
At last, a readable, authoritative and comprehensive book for students, readers and practitioners in print and digital publishing.
The book guides the reader through the history of publishing and the main issues facing the industry today. Among these are:
- Legal conundrums
- Cultural conflicts
- Trade practices
- Publishing within and across sectors
- Editorial requirements
- The challenge of electronic publishing
- Making your ideas count in print
- Rationalization and the growth of corporate publishing cultures
The result is an exciting one stop guide, written with real flair and aplomb. Packed with helpful real-world examples and illustrative interviews this practical resource leaves no stone of the publishing industry unturned.