Project-Based Learning+, Grades 6-12
Enhancing Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning
- Jorge Valenzuela - Lifelong Learning Defined, Inc.
Foreword by Yaritza Villalba
Student Collaboration | Teaching Emotional Literacy | Thinking Skills
Project-Based Learning PLUS Social and Emotional Learning equals student and educator success
Imagine not only helping kids reach their potential academically but as citizens in society as well. In this groundbreaking new book, you will learn how!
Take project-based learning (PBL)—in which students develop educational skills like research, critical thinking, and teamwork—to the next level by enhancing it with personal competencies like self-management, social awareness, and responsible decision-making. Written by an expert in PBL, student well-being, and technology with different levels of educator PBL experience in mind, this guide to harnessing the power of these approaches provides:
- The five elements of the PBL+ Framework
- Tools and rubrics that help you engage all students and assess their projects
- Ways to align PBL with the five SEL competencies outlined by CASEL
- Tips for putting PBL+ into practice to facilitate your own teaching plans
The framework described in this book, grounded by research and supported by practical steps, is replicable in any classroom and provides educators guidance for strengthening their instructional practice to create an empowering student experience.