Written by bestselling author Ann Gravells, this is the complete go-to guide for anyone wanting to be (or working as) a teacher or trainer in the further education and skills sector, in the UK and beyond. It has all the information you need to work towards a qualification such as the Award, Certificate or Diploma in Education and Training. It is also relevant to anyone taking a Train the Trainer course, or an international teaching qualification.
The book takes you through all the information you need to know, opening up the topic for learning in an easily accessible way. Interactive activities are included throughout, along with real examples of teaching and training in practice. The book also includes examples of completed teaching documents.
This is a comprehensive text, covering:
· The role of a teacher/trainer
· Factors contributing to learning
· Planning and facilitating learning for groups and individuals
· Using technology and resources to support learning
· Assessing learning
· Quality assurance
· Evaluation, reflection, and continuing professional development (CPD)
· Preparing for a micro-teach session and teaching/observed practice