Divided into two sections, this book
- takes an integrated view of management decisions, both strategic and operational, and works out each as a motivator for the salespersons;
- emphasizes the need for managers to motivate salespersons, beyond the commonly used monetary incentives;
- highlights the importance of behavioural transactions that have to take place for a sale to be successful;
- develops a framework to integrate the sales management function with the marketing mix so that there are no overlaps; and
- stresses the need to devise appropriate training programmes for salespersons.