Get 12 months FREE access to an interactive eBook when purchasing the paperback*
Packed with experiential exercises, self-assessments, and group activities to develop management skills students can use in their personal and professional lives.
Written using a three-prong approach that covers concepts, application, and skills for all traditional and current topics in management, providing in-depth coverage of key topics such as diversity, ethics, technology, and globalization.
New to this edition:
- New case studies highlighting contemporary challenges and opportunities facing managers at well-known organizations such as Whole Foods, Wells Fargo, and the Chicago Cubs.
- Expanded and updated Trends and Issues sections explore timely topics such as the changing nature of work, managing multiple generations, and virtual teams.
- All of the Applying the Concept boxes are new and engage students in applying the concepts to their own experiences and provide situational analysis opportunities to develop critical thinking skills.
- Management in Action videos illustrate fundamental management concepts using a variety of relatable scenarios and assessment questions to challenge students to apply and analyze workplace situations.
Key learning features include:
- Self-Assessments - helping readers gain personal knowledge of management functions in the real world and providing opportunities for readers to learn about their personal management styles and apply chapter concepts.
- Work Applications - empowering students to apply the text concepts to their own experience (full-time, part-time, summer, volunteer work).
- Ideas on Management - chapter-opening cases highlight real companies and people, and are used to illustrate and reinforce chapter concepts.
- Join the Discussion boxes provide opportunities for classroom dialog around ethical dilemmas facing today’s organizations.
The book is complemented with online resources for lecturers and students, which include tools and resources such as Diagnostic chapter pre-tests and post-tests, Test banks, Assignable SAGE Premium Video, Animated videos and Management in Action videos, eFlashcards, eQuizzes, and Chapter learning objectives.
Suitable reading for introductory management modules.
*Interactivity only available through Vitalsource eBook included as part of paperback product (ISBN 9781544331331).
Access not guaranteed on second-hand copies (as access code may have previously been redeemed).
- Chapter pre-tests and post-tests
- Test banks
- Activity and quiz options
- Chapter-specific discussion questions
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options
- Animated videos and Management in Action videos
- SAGE journal and reference content
- PowerPoint® slides
- Sample course syllabi
- Lecture notes
- All tables and figures from the textbook
- Video resources