Transforming Nursing Practice is a series tailor made for pre-registration student nurses. Each book in the series is:
· Mapped to the NMC Standards and Essential Skills Clusters
· Focused on applying theory to practice
· Full of active learning features
‘The set of books is an excellent resource for students. The series is small, easily portable and valuable. I use the whole set on a regular basis.’
Fiona Davies, Senior Nurse Lecturer, University of Derby
Whatever stage you are at in your nursing career leadership, management and team working skills will be central to your role as a modern nurse. The book has been carefully crafted to equip you with these skills helping you to understand why leadership and management is so important, how it fits in with your daily practice and what the key theory and knowledge is. It will be a valuable resource for all three years of the nursing degree and a tool to help you grow into a nurse leader of the future.
· Written with the needs of student nurses firmly in mind with activities and case studies that bring theory to life
· Linked to the latest NMC Standards and Essential Skills Clusters for pre-registration nursing education
· Provides practical guidance on the immediate challenges that the new nurse will face
About the Authors
Peter Ellis is Nursing Director at Hospice in the Weald, Pembury, Kent.
Shirley Bach is Head of the School of Health Sciences at the University of Brighton.