Get 12 months FREE access to an interactive eBook* when you buy the paperback (Print paperback version only, ISBN 9781506310916)
Translated into 12 different languages and used in 89 countries across more than 1,000 colleges, universities, and institutions worldwide, this market-leading text successfully combines an academically robust account of the major theories and models of leadership with an accessible style using practical examples that help students apply what they learn.
New to This Edition:
- A new chapter on Adaptive Leadership explores how leaders encourage followers to adapt to tough issues and thrive in challenging environments
- A new chapter on Psychodynamic Leadership focuses on the processes and dynamics of human behavior, providing a clinically informed approach to help leaders understand their own behavior and their followers’ in order to best influence their followers.
- New and expanded coverage on power and influence, the dark side of leadership, pseudo-transformational leadership, stages of moral development, virtual teams, and shared leadership
- A consistent chapter structure outlines each approach and the major studies behind them, presents strengths and criticisms for each approach, and provides case studies and a self-assessment questionnaire at the end of each chapter, allowing students to easily compare and contrast the various theories.
- Three case studies in each chapter help students to apply leadership concepts in real-world scenarios.
- A leadership instrument and questionnaire within each chapter provide self-assessment and reflection opportunities for each theory presented.
SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of free tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning.
The dynamic Interactive eBook goes way beyond highlighting and note-taking! Your students can read their mobile-friendly eBook anywhere, anytime with easy access across desktop, smartphone, and tablet devices. Using the VitalSource Bookshelf® platform, students can download the book to a personal computer and read it offline, share notes and highlights with instructors and classmates who are using the same eBook, and “follow” friends and instructors as they make their own notes and highlights. By simply clicking on icons in the eBook, your students can experience a broad array of integrated multimedia resources including engaging video and audio, as well as access to relevant academic and professional articles.
*interactivity only available through Vitalsource eBook
SAGE edge for Instructors supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for the course
- Teaching notes for cases are designed for instructors to expand questions to students, or initiate class discussion.
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for structuring one’s course.
- Suggested assignments as well as course-long projects are designed to promote students’ in-depth engagement with course material.
- Lively and stimulating ideas for class activities that can be used in class to reinforce active learning.
- Chapter-specific questions for study help launch classroom interaction by prompting students to engage with the material and by reinforcing important content.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter to encourage students to think critically
- Multimedia content includes original SAGE videos that appeal to students with different learning styles
- Web exercises direct both instructors and students to useful and current web sites, along with creative activities to extend and reinforce learning or allow for further research on important chapter topics.
- A Course cartridge provides easy LMS integration
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- A customized online action plan includes tips and feedback on progress through the course and materials, allowing you to individualize your learning experience
- Learning objectives reinforce the most important material
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment of your mastery of course material
- Videos of Peter Northouse illuminate leadership concepts
- Carefully selected chapter-by-chapter video and multimedia content enhances exploration of key topics
- Meaningful web resources with exercises facilitate further exploration of topics
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal and reference articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter
- Study questions reinforce key concepts in each chapter for self-review or group discussion
- Leadership Questionnaires found in the book are provided in PDF format to download for easy use