POLITICAL AND PHILOSOPHICAL ISSUES
Lee Michael Katz
1. World Peacekeeping: Do nation-states have a “Responsibility to Protect?"
2. Separatist Movements: Should nations have a right to self-determination?
3. Nuclear Disarmament: Will President Obama's efforts make the U.S. safer?
4. Future of NATO: Is the transatlantic alliance obsolete?
CRISES, CONFLICTS, AND PEACE PROSPECTS AROUND THE WORLD
5. Anti-Semitism in Europe: Are Israel's policies spurring a new wave of hate crimes?
6. Crisis in Darfur: Is there any hope for peace?
7. Crisis in Pakistan: Can the fragile democracy survive?
8. Middle East Peace Prospects: Is there any hope for long-term peace?
9. The Troubled Horn of Africa: Can the war-torn region be stabilized?
10. U.S.-China Relations: Is a future confrontation looming?
COPING WITH THE AFTERMATH
11. Aiding Refugees: Should the UN help more displaced people?
12. Truth Commissions: Can countries heal after atrocities?
13. Dangerous War Debris: Who should clean up after conflicts end?
14. Prosecuting Terrorists: Should suspected terrorists be given military or civil trials?
15. Caring for Veterans: Does the VA adequately serve wounded vets?
16. Attacking Piracy: Can the growing global threat be stopped?
17. Terrorism and the Internet: Should Web sites that promote terrorism be shut down?
18. Climate Change: Will the Copenhagen Accord slow global warming?
19. Confronting Rape as a War Crime: Will a new U.N. campaign have any impact?