“The perfect undergraduate text for international relations. Scientific in its approach, accessible writing, and thoughtful in its discussion.”
—Marc Polizzi, Murray State University
Invite majors and non-majors alike to participate in the International Relations conversation.
Now publishing with CQ Press, the Third Edition of IR: International, Economic, and Human Security in a Changing World explores the most current issues affecting the global community by analyzing how global actors seek international, economic, and human security. Award-winning scholars and authors James M. Scott, Ralph G. Carter, and A. Cooper Drury combine thought-provoking examples with practical learning tools to give students context and help them develop an understanding of not just what happens, but why and how it happens. Assuming no prior knowledge about international relations, the text provides students with a framework to understand what conditions behavior in the international arena—the challenges of anarchy, diversity, and complexity permeate the multitude of events that comprise of our world today. Students will be able to make sense of the complicated events and interactions of world politics and come away with a broader view of the world’s geographical and political landscapes.
SAGE Premium Video included in the Interactive eBook!
SAGE Premium Video tools and resources boost comprehension and bolster analysis—all easily accessible via the interactive eBook.
Your students save when you bundle the Interactive eBook with the new edition.
Use bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-5691-4.
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
FREE! Easily import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Learn more.
FREE online resources for students that make learning easier. See how your students benefit.
Bundle with The CQ Researcher: Global Issues and save!
Your students receive Global Issues by The CQ Researcher for only $5 more when you bundle it with the new edition of IR: International, Economic, and Human Security in a Changing World.
Use bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-4345-7
Instructor Teaching Site
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
· required access codes
· learning a new system
Say YES to…
· using only the content you want and need
· high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE coursepacks includes:
· Our content delivered directly into your LMS
· Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
· Assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
o Diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
o Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
o Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
o Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
· Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to different learning styles, featuring:
- Topics in International Relations videos, which discuss foundational concepts in the text.
- IR News Clips tie current events to chapter content and Learning Objectives.
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
o Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
· Multimedia content includes links to videos, audio, web, and data that are tied to learning objectives and enhance exploration of key topics to make learning easier.
· EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
· Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
· Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
· Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
· Integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for your students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video
· All tables and figures from the textbook
Student Study Site
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
· eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize student study time, anywhere, anytime
· eQuizzes that allow students to assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus your attention
· Chapter summaries with learning objectives that reinforce the most important material
· Multimedia content includes links to videos, audio, web, and data that are tied to learning objectives and enhance exploration of key topics to make learning easier.Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning