- Introductions to the basics of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- A beginner’s guide to issues of theory and methodology
- Advice on searching, reading and reviewing the literature
- A guide to research design
- Core guidance on the basics of data analysis
- Help with writing up
- Coverage of research ethics
As well as practical research techniques, Flick provides a basic explanation of methodological issues such as research planning, the quantitative/qualitative debate and the wider social role of research, linking these to real world issues and examples and the actual task of researching and writing a project.