Health psychology students will need to understand how to evaluate and critically-appraise the latest theory and research before it can be applied. This fully-revised and updated Fifth Edition takes a critical approach and places health psychology in a real-world context, enabling students to understand how public policy, theory and research can influence communities and individuals alike.
The new Fifth Edition includes:
- 9 new and expanded chapters
- Updated material on stress and coping, doctor-patient communication, death, dying, bereavement and quality of life
- Introductions to the social, political and economic conditions that influence our health
- Breadth of coverage from social inequality through to chronic illness and screening
This book also comes with access to fantastic online resources including multiple choice quizzes, case studies, test banks and slides. If you want to link all these resources right in your university’s learning management system, ask your sales rep about SAGE course cartridges.
Our content, how you want it and where you need it.
Instructors - This book now comes with course cartridges, ask your rep.
- NO new system to learn
- NO access code or fee
- Links to all the fantastic students resources right in your university’s learning management system.
- Practice quizzes for students
- Additional case studies for instructors
- PowerPoints featuring all the figures and tables from the book
Nine new and expanded chapters:
2. The Nervous, Endocrine and Immune Systems, and Principle of Homeostasis
3. Genetics, epigenetics and lifespan development
8. Theories, models and interventions
9. Sexual Health
22. Coronary heart disease
23. HIV infection and AIDS: the pinnacle of stigma and victim blaming
24. Long-term conditions: diabetes and ME/CFS
25. End of life care, dying and death