Hands-On Social Marketing
A Step-by-Step Guide to Designing Change for Good
- Nedra Kline Weinreich - Weinreich Communications, Israel
Public Health | Public Sector and Non-Profit Marketing | Social Marketing
Completely revised and updated, the Second Edition includes:
- Material related to the rise of the internet and social media has been added to reflect major changes in the way social marketing is being done.
- A new case study has been added to reflect current trends.
- More on the emotional component to marketing.
- More in-depth information on communications theory has been added
- More on ethics has been added
- More on current channels (social networking sites, online gaming, entertainment education) has been added
“The text is very user-friendly, and helps students grasp concepts and content related to social marketing. The systematic approach is easy for students to follow. The worksheets are fantastic, and the exercises are easy to implement. It is an excellent post-course reference guide for students working in public health/health education.”
This book would be an even better resource if it an internet portal to help lecturers develop their learning materials. Other than that it is ideal for level 4 to 6.
Almost exactly what we were looking for!
Good combination of theory and applied
Excellent book with some insightful work on the area of social marketing. The author has done well to discuss some sensitive areas in what is essentially a new research area.
The book shows guild line for developing a social marketing program, but not much detail in concepts for understanding the social marketing. However, it should be useful for student to follow a very easy step-by-step to do the social marketing.
This book is a good book that gives valuable information about social marketing. I am considering using it as a supplement book in strategic marketing course.
The text is most appropriate for first year marketing students. It is an easy to follow guide that provides basic definitions of key concepts and a simple step by step action plan for students to design their own social marketing strategy. Best used in concert with another text that provides more in-depth consideration on social marketing.
Adopted as supplementary reading for leadership course. Very good primer with an application focus
I liked this text. Practical information. Hope to use it in the future.
Sample Materials & Chapters
10. Influencing Behavior by Design