Challenges and Choices
- Caroline Ramazanoglu - Goldsmiths College, University of London, UK
- Janet Holland - London South Bank University, UK
Social Research Methods | Sociology of Gender
Who would be a feminist now? Contemporary 'political realism' suggests that the essentials of the battle have already been won, and the current generation of women entering University is used to seeing feminism presented as 'old fashioned', 'extreme' and 'unrealistic'.
Challenging such assumptions, this important new book argues for the value of empirical investigations of gendered life, and brings together the theoretical, political and practical aspects of feminist methodology.
- demonstrates how feminist approaches to methodology engage with debates in western philosophy to raise critical questions about knowledge production
- shows that feminist methodology has a distinctive place in social research
- guides the reader through the terrain of feminist methodology and clarifies how feminists can claim knowledge of gendered social existence
- connects abstract issues of theory with issues in fieldwork practice.
This timely and accessible book will be an essential resource for students in women's studies, gender studies, sociology, cultural studies, social anthropology and feminist psychology.
An in depth analysis of feminist methodology that covers not only theoretical approach to research, but also introduces practical examples in implementing feminist approach to research. A must read for any students that will/are engaging in qualitative research
I recommend this book to any student who is expressing an interest in feminst research
A very in-depth, advanced and useful book for anyone who wishes to research feminist studies, particularly useful for Post-Graduate level research.
I think although the book is fantastic, I do think that it is too advanced for a masters level but will be definitely recommending this book to PhD students.
Brilliant book! This really captures the 'essentials' of Feminist Methodology and students can both understand and utilise the content effectively and thoughtfully. This is a must for all Counselling Psychology courses that teach qualitative approaches.
This is a perefect companion for teaching feminist methodologies and enthuse students for feminist praxis.
An essential text for those researching gender
I have recommended this book to all my students using a feminist perspective in their research. It is a delightful practical book
This text will be useful for students beginning to grapple with different research perspectives
This book provides students with an excellent overview of methology. The issues and debates are well presented.