Essentials of Pathophysiology for Nursing Practice: Paperback with Interactive eBook
- Neal Cook - University of Ulster, UK
- Andrea Shepherd - University of Ulster, UK
- Jennifer Boore - University of Ulster, UK
- Stephanie Dunleavy - University of Ulster, UK
Adult Nursing | Nursing
The essential guide to pathophysiology for nursing students.
This straight-forward yet detailed textbook provides student nurses with clear and simple explanations of the basic principles that underpin health and illness, and the main causes of disease. The book uses person-centred nursing as its guiding principle (in-line with the new NMC standards) to encourage students to develop a more detailed understanding of specific disorders and learn how to apply the bioscience theory to nursing practice and patient care.
- FREE access to an Interactive eBook: includes integrated video links, activities, key concepts and examples that provide valuable insights, further reading and short explanations.
- Full-colour diagrams and figures: all content supported by colourful, reader-friendly illustrations.
- Person-centred bioscience: a fictional family woven through the book encourages students to think holistically about pathophysiology and consider the lived-experiences of different conditions and diseases.
- Online resources: access to online materials for lecturers and students, including multiple choice questions, videos, flashcards, a test bank, an image bank and a media teaching guide.
- Test Bank questions designed to test your students’ knowledge of each chapter
- Video Teaching Guide includes questions to accompany key videos
- Illustration Bank provides high quality artwork to supplement your teaching
- Course Cartridge allows you to easily upload all the lecturer and student resources into your institution’s learning management system.
- Video links
- Link to further reading
- Answers to end of chapter questions
- Multiple-choice questions
- Revision Flashcards
The new nursing curriculum necessitates a new book for students that builds on nursing bioscience knowledge through a person-centred approach to practice. This book does that with ease and uses a fantastic range of learning strategies to make the work of understanding physiology easy for the student.
This book is an natural extension of Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing Practice, allowing nursing students from all fields the opportunity to apply their fundamental knowledge to the management and treatment of commonly occurring conditions. The case-based approach will allow students to contextualise conditions, with the inclusion of ‘Revise’ sections within the book and additional online material allowing students to test their understanding. This book will be a valuable addition to any bookshelf.
A great book for whichand also am adopting on a brand new nursing curriculum as part of the essential reading list
Very good book for teaching on the BSc Nursing degree
A very good support to students learning about A&P.
This is an excellent book of pathophysiology. Easy to understand and nicely sectioned
This is a fantastic book. Just at the right level for our students studying allied health subjects. Have added it to the recommended reading. The book covers the basic physiology before addressing the pathophysiology. There are lots of nice little added exercises to keep the reader interested and to extend their study and reading. I like the links within the text to other sections and the access to the ebook is also very helpful.