Lecturers, request your electronic inspection copy here
Do you want to do better at university?
Packed with study tips and handy activities, Essential Study Skills is a proven guide that shows you step-by-step how to study effectively and make the best of your time at university - whatever level you're at. Whether you are going to university straight from school, a mature student, or an overseas student studying in the UK for the first time, you'll find out how to:
- Sail through those tricky first weeks
- Get the most out of lectures by understanding how you learn
- Learn techniques for academic writing and research
- Stay cool and cope with stress
- Pass exams with flying colours
- Plan your career after graduation.
Don't miss in this edition...
- Even more tips and advice on learning methods, online learning and developing job skills - ensuring success throughout your course
- Additional case studies and student tips to help you apply the skills you need
- A companion website packed with toolkits and resources, to help you study smarter.
‘An outstanding book which enables learners to actively identify, reflect and develop their ‘skills’ to enable them to succeed as life-long learners. The authors present the ‘how to’ alongside the ‘what’ of study skills to enable continuous personal development, in an accessible style.’ - Di Turgoose, Senior Lecturer, Member of the Association for Learning and Development in Higher Education
The Student Success series are essential guides for students of all levels. From how to think critically and write great essays to planning your dream career, the Student Success series helps you study smarter and get the best from your time at university. Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips and resources for study success!
Essential Study Skills comes with extensive online resources to help students apply the skills they learn in practice. Each chapter has a range of extra materials online including journal articles, downloads and activities, and web links. There is also an Instructors Manual for anyone teaching study skills, to accompany the book.
Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!
The authors of Essential Study Skills have created a Facebook page to promote their book and share additional resources. Make sure you like, follow and share.