Essential Psychology returns for a second edition with a vivid narrative writing style for undergraduates, features designed to stimulate critical thinking and inspire students to learn independently, and an expanded companion website full of useful resources for lecturers and students. This comprehensive introductory text is relevant for both the specialist and non-specialist psychology student, challenging those who studied psychology before university while remaining accessible to those who did not.
The 2nd edition:
- Gives students a firm foundation in all areas covered on accredited British Psychological Society degree courses
- Includes new chapters on psychopathology, research methods, language, motivation and emotion, lifespan development, health psychology, forensic psychology and critical social psychology
- Relates theory to the real world to help students think about where they will employ their degree after undergraduate study
- Comes with a SAGE edge companion website with a suite of resources to enhance the learning experience (https://edge.sagepub.com/banyard2e)
This textbook comes with SAGE Edge (edge.sagepub.com/banyard2e) which offers a range of open access online tools and resources that lecturers can use to help integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students, and which students can use to reinforce knowledge retention and check progress throughout their course.
For Students it provides a personalised approach to help accomplish coursework goals in an easy-to-use environment and features:
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards which strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes that allow you to assess your understanding of course material
- Links to online videos that offer a new perspective and an alternative learning style
- An online action plan which allow you to individualise your learning experience
- Summaries and learning objectives for each chapter that reinforce the most important material
For Instructors it supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students. Instructor resources for this book include:
- Testbanks including 25 multiple choice and 3 short answer questions per chapter
- PowerPoint slides for each chapter that can be edited for use in teaching