Winner of the 2018 Textbook & Academic Authors Association’s The Most Promising New Textbook Award
From Heidi Neck, one of the most influential thinkers in entrepreneurship education today, Chris Neck, an award-winning professor, and Emma Murray, business consultant and author, comes this ground-breaking new text.
Entrepreneurship: The Practice and Mindset catapults students beyond the classroom by helping them develop an entrepreneurial mindset so they can create opportunities and take action in uncertain environments. Based on the world-renowned Babson Entrepreneurship program, this new text emphasizes practice and learning through action. Students learn entrepreneurship by taking small actions and interacting with stakeholders in order to get feedback, experiment, and move ideas forward. Students walk away from this text with the entrepreneurial mindset, skillset, and toolset that can be applied to startups as well as organizations of all kinds. Whether your students have backgrounds in business, liberal arts, engineering, or the sciences, this text will take them on a transformative journey.
Interactive eBook also available—Save when you bundle it with the print version!
Save when you bundle the print version with the interactive eBook version. Use bundle ISBN: 978-1-5063-7615-8.
SAGE coursepacks: Our Content Tailored to Your LMS
Instructors! SAGE coursepacks makes it easy to import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS). Intuitive and simple to use, SAGE coursepacks allows you to customize course content to meet your students’ needs. Learn more.
Thank you to our reviewers and contributors for all their hard work on this book.
The following online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s LMS. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to...
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE coursepacks includes:
- Our content delivered directly into your LMS
- Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
- Pedagogically robust assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
- Diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is assignable, tied to learning objectives, and curated exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to different learning styles, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- Career insights from professionals in the field as well as news clips of current events
- Additional video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives and make learning easier
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
- Lively and stimulating Entrepreneurial Exercises written by Heidi Neck that help students develop the discovery, thinking, reasoning, and implementation skills necessary to thrive in highly uncertain environments
- Additional ideas for class activities and projects to give you even more options for engaging students in your class.
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
- Teaching notes for the cases that include sample answers to case questions, as well as summaries and analyses
- Sample answers to questions in the text that provide an essential reference
- Sample pitch decks that provide suggested models to help students in developing pitch decks of their own
- Excel spreadsheets that accompany the appendix on financials
- Integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for your students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video
- All tables and figures from the textbook
- Mobile-friendly flashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize your study time, anywhere, anytime
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes that allow you to assess how much you’ve learned and where you need to focus your attention
- A customized online action plan that includes tips and feedback on progress through the course and materials
- Chapter summaries with learning objectives that reinforce the most important material
- Additional video and multimedia resources tied to learning objectives that bring concepts to life, making learning easier
- Sample pitch decks that provide suggested models for developing a pitch