Enhancing Teaching Practice in Higher Education
- Helen Pokorny - University Campus St Albans
- Digby Warren - London Metropolitan University, UK
All Mailings | Continuing Professional Development | Lifelong Learning Sector (Teacher Training)
This book integrates a wide body of theory and pedagogical research to enrich and empower teaching in universities, with a focus on transformational practice and education for social justice. In this fully updated second edition, you will be provided with ideas and practical strategies drawn from literature and real-life experience across a range of academic disciplines.
This second edition includes:
· Two new chapters on: inspiring learning through technologies, and holistic and creative pedagogies
· Approaches to decolonising the curriculum and working with student diversity and partnership
· Innovations in learning environments including responses to the pandemic, university writing and developing learning through, and for, work
· A new feature: case studies in every chapter to illustrate theoretical ideas across disciplines
Since 2016, when the first edition of this book was published, the aspects of HE teaching that it explored have increased in visibility, importance and impact. Some are of long duration, such as our continued need to make higher education fair, inclusive and diverse for all. Others, such as efforts to legitimise playful forms of pedagogy at university, have attained prominence more recently. This revised edition of Enhancing Teaching Practice in HE explores key challenges and opportunities presenting themselves to educators in varied roles (not to mention their students). In five years such challenges and opportunities have become more, not less, relevant. All can benefit from new energy and thinking, encased in practical application and rooted in academic literature and theory. This is what the authors offer in this book; a guide to inform those for whom these matters are new, while providing a clear evidence-base to enable experienced readers to refresh and update their practice. It will be an invaluable reference for personal and professional development in all its forms.
A sound, thoughtful text for the subject.