Entries range from short definitions of terms like "front-runner" to in-depth essays exploring vital aspects of campaigns and elections, such as the right to vote, turnout trends, and the history, evolution, and current state of House, Senate, presidential and some state-level elections.
Readers will find essential information on:
- stages in the campaign process and the general election
- the roles of political consultants, the media and political parties
- debates and issues such as term limits, majority-minority districts and campaign finance
- amendments, legislation and court cases that have shaped electoral, campaign, and voting matters
- voter turnout and voting rights in the United States
- important terms and concepts like 'absolute majority' and 'dark horse'
- highlights of presidential elections throughout U.S. history.