By examining how young children develop and learn from conception through to the age of eight, this book explores ways to enhance professional practice in the early years.
- Child development (including recent research into cognitive development of babies)
- The child in the socio-cultural context
- International educational approaches
- The developing professional.
- Key learning points identify at a glance what each chapter will cover
- Case studies help you link theory to practice
- Reflective activities help you reflect on how to apply ideas to practice
- Further reading directs you to additional resources to deepen your understanding.
Illustrated with examples of practice from a range of settings, this accessible text is essential reading for all those studying on Early Years, Early Childhood Studies and Early Years Education and Care courses.
Additional online material/support:
For regular updates and thoughts on hot topics and key debates in the field subscribe to Sheila Nutkins author blog here.
For regular updates on Sheila's thoughts and views on hot topics and key debates in the field subscribe today!