This fully updated Second Edition of Dynamics of Media Writing helps students learn transferable skills that can be applied across all media platforms—from traditional mass media formats like news, public relations and advertising, to digital and social media platforms. Whether writing a story, press release or a tweet, today’s media writers must adapt their message to each specific media format in order to successfully connect with their audience.
New to the Second Edition:
- A new chapter on social media discusses the latest developments in this rapidly changing area.
- New Helpful Hints boxes help students hone their media writing skills.
- New and updated information on interviewing, dictionary usage, lead structure and more bring the book fully up-to-date.
- Themes from the former Chapter 14 are now woven through the book to stress the importance of clarity and accuracy, lifelong learning and transferable skills.
- Fake news is now covered in multiple sections to help students both understand and spot it when reviewing the news.
- Additional photos and graphics illustrate the various elements of storytelling to make the information easier for students to apply.
- New "Give It a Try" features at the end of the Adapt and Connect boxes allow students to try out the skills outlined.
Bundle the new edition with the student workbook and save!
Your students save when you bundle this text with a corresponding student workbook.
Order using bundle ISBN 9781544361970.
Give your students the SAGE edge!
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding
- Chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer assistance with lecture and review preparation by highlighting essential content, features, and artwork from the book.
- Chapter learning objectives reinforce the most important material.
- AP Style Quizzes and Exercises test your students’ knowledge of AP style and provide opportunities for them to practice writing in this style.
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material.
- Carefully selected chapter-by-chapter Video and Multimedia content which enhance classroom-based explorations of key topics.