With internationally-renowned visual methods expert Claudia Mitchell at the helm, this book steers students through a complete and thorough introduction to using photography, video, drawings, objects, and multi-media productions in research.
Covering the full research process from design to dissemination, it weaves theory into each chapter and builds knowledge around methods, creating a solid foundation for the practical advice students need to complete their own research. Through examples that enable readers to understand their place in the research process, it prepares them to understand a broad definition of what it means to be a visual researcher.
This new edition includes best practice guidance and tips on:
- Using existing images and video
- Working with archived material
- Maintaining ethical practice
- Handling visual data after it is collected
- Presenting findings to different audiences.