Doing Research in the Business World: Paperback with Interactive eBook
- David E Gray - University of Greenwich, UK
Starting with the basics and fully grounded in the context of actually doing research, this practical book is the perfect companion as students tackle a business research project head on for the first time.
Guiding readers through the research process in author David E. Gray’s approachable style, the book helps them build their understanding and develop the skills they need to establish good practice when planning and doing research in the business world. This second edition offers:
· A key focus on employability, highlighting the value of research beyond academia and helping students develop their transferable skills for the workplace
· A new chapter on digital methods that shows them how to design and conduct digital business research in an ethical way
· Fully integrated online resources in every chapter, including introduction videos from David, handy top tip videos and case studies that bring methods to life
Supporting students at every stage of their research project and showcasing examples and case studies from across the global business landscape, including HR, marketing, organization studies and tourism and leisure, this book helps them successfully and confidently apply their methods knowledge and excel in their research projects.
David E. Gray was Professor of Leadership and Organisational Behaviour at the University of Greenwich.
· Encyclopaedia Definitions
· Employability Skills
· Checklists / Templates
· Case Studies
· Journal Articles
· Powerpoint Slides
· LMS / VLE Download
From the introduction to the conclusion there is a systematic strand throughout this readable text. The focus on process and application provides the reader with insight into approaches and techniques to plan and successfully undertake a business research project with confidence!
This is a book that research students in business schools and their supervisors will find indispensable. It is thorough, accessible, practical, tech-savvy and friendly. I’d like to give one as a gift to every new research student who comes my way.