Lecturers/instructors - request a free digital inspection copy here
With a little help from his weird band of characters the Fourth Edition of the award-winning book continues, with its unique blend of humour and collection of bizarre examples, to bring statistics - from first principles to advanced concepts - well and truly to life using IBM SPSS Statistics.
Lecturers: with WebAssign® you can manage and monitor your students' progress quickly and easily online or give them more opportunities to practise!
Ideal for short courses, choose to use WebAssign® alongside the Fourth Edition of Andy Field's textbook to quickly set up courses and schedule assignments (using the 2159 questions available) and track individual performance so you can spot in an instant where more instruction or practice is needed. If not using for fomal assessment, WebAssign® still lets you set questions for your students to practise over and over again. They get instant feedback and also links to the relevant chapter or section in the integral ebook to help them work out the correct solution.
For more information on how to integrate WebAssign® into a forthcoming course or to arrange a class test please contact your local SAGE representative for more details. (Students please note: access to WebAssign® is dependent not only on the purchase of a student access code (ISBN: 9781446273043) but also a username, institution code and password supplied by your course leader/instructor).
SAGE MobileStudy - study where and when you like
Scan any QR code within the book to access revision material on a smartphone or tablet such as Cramming Sam's Study tips, flashcard glossaries, interactive multiple choice questionnaires and more. Click here to take a look (if you're accessing the site from a desktop you'll be taken to the Companion Website instead; look out for the MobileStudy icon to show you which pages are also available on the MobileStudy site).
See how Andy's book is changing the landscape for textbooks through the use of technology!
Support materials for a wide range of disciplines
Education and Sport Sciences lecturer support materials with enhanced ones for Psychology, Business and Management and the Health Sciences on the enhanced Companion Website make the book even more relevant to a wider range of subjects across the social sciences and where statistics is taught to a cross-disciplinary audience.
Other major new updates include:
- Now fully compatible with recent IBM SPSS Statistics releases.
- Two new characters! Statistical cult leader Oditi provides students with access to video clips via his Lantern to help further understanding of statistical/SPSS concepts, while Confusius helps students to make better sense of statistical terms.
- The enhanced Companion Website offers plenty of lecturer and student material to use in conjunction with the textbook. These include PowerPoints and subject-specific testbanks for lecturers as well as answers to the Smart Alex tasks at the end of the each chapter; datafiles for testing problems in SPSS; flashcards of key concepts; self-assessment multiple-choice questions; and online videos of key statistical and SPSS procedures discussed in the textbook for students.
Sample Materials & Chapters
The enhanced companion website features, for lecturers:
- Subject-specific testbanks
And for students:
- Answers to Smart Alex tasks
- Self-assessment multiple-choice questions
- Online videos of key statistical and SPSS procedures
Please note: if you're accessing the site from a desktop you'll be taken to the Companion Website instead; look out for the MobileStudy icon to show you which pages are also available on the MobileStudy site