Strategic Planning & Integration
- Annmarie Hanlon - Cranfield University
Electronic Marketing | Marketing (General)
An unbiased, balanced guide to all aspects of digital marketing, from social media, mobile and VR marketing to objectives, metrics and analytics. Covering all aspects of digital marketing planning and the latest models, the book also offers a range of tools to help implement your own digital marketing plans and strategies.
The second edition has been expanded to include new discussions and research on areas including digital privacy, types of influencers, social listening and the gig economy.
- Supported by case examples from 28 global companies and brands including IKEA, Uber, Klarna and TikTok.
- A brand-new case study on Strava runs throughout the book to help you apply what you’ve learnt to real-world scenarios.
- ‘Ethical Insight’ boxes provide a reflective and challenging look at social issues and the negative side of marketing.
- ‘Digital Tool’ boxes introduce professional tools, such as ‘Spot the Troll’, Hootsuite and Padlet.
- The ‘Smartphone Sixty Seconds’ feature provides super-quick online activities using needing only your phone.
- Includes a new ‘Journal of Note’ feature in each chapter, to direct you to a key source of further reading.
- Worked digital marketing plan.
- Complimented by online resources, including PowerPoint slides, and Instructor’s Manual, quizzes, recommended video links and free SAGE Journal articles.
Suitable for digital and e-marketing courses at all levels, as well as professional courses for anyone interested in gaining a holistic understanding of digital marketing.
Instructor Resources (Log-in needed)
- Editable PowerPoint Slides to allow you to easily integrate each chapter into your lessons
- Tutor's Notes for each chapter, including access to free SAGE Journal Articles, lesson plans and ideas for assessments
- Discussion questions
- A testbank of multiple choice questions and quizzes to test students' understanding of the material
- Downloadable templates to add to course resources or to print out in class.
- Resource Pack to easily upload all the lecturer and student resources into your university’s online learning platform (i.e. Blackboard or Moodle), and customise the content to suit your teaching needs.
Student Resources (Free to access)
- Weblinks and video links for lots of extra information to reference in your assignments
- Worked example of a digital marketing strategy (based on the book's Strava case study) to help you get your project off the ground
The second edition has been expanded to reflect the latest developments and research including digital privacy, types of influencers, social listening and the gig economy. Watch the video to find out more.
Digital Marketing is an invaluable resource for those who want to discover more about this exciting, emerging and rapidly evolving subject. The logical structure and presentation make it easy to read each topic in depth or to dip into for quick reference. Case studies about recognisable brands increase engagement and application of theoretical concepts, making learning and teaching enjoyable and valuable for students and lecturers alike. Highly recommended!
Annmarie Hanlon has mastered effectively conveying the most crucial digital marketing concepts in a way that is grounded in theory and real-world applications. This second edition text is a must for students exploring the evolving world of all things digital.
Digital Marketing is a flexible book, written to enhance our theoretical understanding and prepping us for the practical skills we need to deliver great digital results in organizations. The second edition solidly elaborates on classical and core theoretical models, and the new cases enlighten students understanding of the need to have good frameworks when creating unique content with competitive advantage.
The book has a sound theoretical basis, covering the foundations of the subject in a clear and accessible manner. The Digital Tools regularly provide opportunities for students to apply what they have learned in practice. The book is also up to date in its content, with a selection of recent, global case studies, to engage modern students.
Annmarie Hanlon is placed at the unique intersection of academic and practice. Digital Marketing integrates contemporary examples in the dynamic digital ecosystem to bring alive relevant concepts and theories into practical situations clearly and persuasively. This book is an essential read for both students and tutors.
Marketing as a discipline is undergoing a decisive paradigm shift and how we do things is rapidly changing. Digital marketing is evolving from a niche discipline into the mainstream [...] it's not a nice-to-have anymore, but is now a must-have and is quickly establishing itself as the new standard for marketing principles in the 21st century. Annmarie Hanlon’s textbook has all the qualities of becoming a beacon for marketing practitioners and academics to provide guidance in the new realities of marketing.
This is a comprehensive and detailed resource that I am going to add to my reading lists for multiple digitally related modules. It is written in a way that my L4 students will be able to digest as well as my L6 and PG students to use to help guide them.