Critical Thinking and Writing in Nursing
- Bob Price - Healthcare Education and Training Consultant
Academic skills and professional studies | Nursing | Nursing Theory & Professional Issues
Critical thinking and writing is central to effective nursing practice. Written specifically for nursing students, this book offers practical guidance on what it means to think critically as a nurse and how to apply this to study and practice. From critically reviewing literature for assessments to evaluating evidence to support decision-making in practice, the book provides a unique framework for developing essential critical skills.
- A new chapter on 'Writing the Clinical Case Study', along with new guidance on how to become a successful independent learner, advice on managing information overload, and many more updates and enhancements on the previous edition.
- Each chapter is mapped to the 2018 NMC standards
- Filled with activities and student case studies demonstrating how to apply critical thinking and reflection in practice
- Innovative approach that introduces the different levels of critical thinking and reflection required of degree level study
This text should help guide students in developing their critical thinking and writing skills.
It provides good clear information on how to apply critical thinking to assignments, and to the evidence that they need to read up on.
Assists with Module learning.
Relevant, practical, accessible, ideal study guide.
The academic level of the text is too high for the students and does not fully suit the curriculum's content.
I did not receive this title as a book - so was unable to review this.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 7: Making Use of Electronic Media