—Dr. Wendy Brame, Briar Cliff University
Political factors influence judicial decisions. Arguments and input from lawyers and interest groups, the ebb and flow of public opinion, and especially the ideological and behavioral inclinations of the justices all combine to shape the development of constitutional doctrine. Drawing on political science as much as from legal studies, Constitutional Law for a Changing America: A Short Course helps students realize that Supreme Court cases are more than just legal names and citations. With meticulous revising, the authors streamline material while accounting for recent landmark cases and new scholarship.
Ideal for a one semester course, the Eighth Edition of A Short Course offers all the hallmarks of the Rights and Powers volumes in a more condensed format. Students and instructors benefit from the online Con Law Resource Center which houses the supplemental case archive, links to CQ Press reference materials, a moot court simulation, instructor resources, and more.
Attention Instructors! Use the following bundle ISBN to ensure your students have FREE access to the regularly updated resource center featuring over 100 excerpted cases.
Get FREE access to online resources—use bundle ISBN: 978-1-0718-3225-7
Take your constitutional law class beyond the book with the regularly updated SAGE Edge Con Law Resource Center, featuring more than 100 excerpted, supplemental cases referenced in the commentary of the Constitutional Law for a Changing America volumes. The authors have excerpted each case in the same format as those in the text, featuring the justices’ votes, a summary of case facts, and a carefully edited version of the justices’ opinions.
SAGE Edge for instructors supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students with:
- a password-protected site for complete and protected access to all text-specific instructor resources;
- test banks that you can also easily edit and/or insert your own personalized questions;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course; and
- table and figure files for use in your course.
- The Constitutional Law for a Changing America Resource Center features more than 500 supplemental cases that are mentioned or referenced in the text’s commentary. The authors have excerpted each case in the same format as those in the text, featuring the justices’ votes, a summary of case facts, and a carefully edited version of the justices’ opinions. The authors continue to post recent cases as soon as each Supreme Court term ends, making this the most up-to-date resource of its kind.
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow students to independently assess their own mastery of course material.
- Mobile-friendly court case quizzes allow students to check their understanding of key facts on the court cases covered in the book.