Chronicling the polarized partisan environment during the President Barack Obama’s second term, Congress and the Nation 2013-2016, Vol. XIV is the most authoritative reference on congressional lawmaking and trends during the 113th and 114th Congresses.
The newest edition in this award-winning series documents the most fiercely debated issues during this period, including:
- The unprecedented federal government shutdown
- The strike down of the Defense of Marriage Act as unconstitutional
- End of the filibuster for most executive and judicial branch nominees
- Changes to the Dodd–Frank Act
- Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu and Pope Francis address joint sessions
- Sexual Assault Survivors' Rights Act passed, overhauling rape kit processing and establishment of victim bill of rights
- SPACE Act passed, allowing commercial exploration of space
No other source guides readers seamlessly through the policy output of the national legislature with the breadth, depth, and authority of Congress and the Nation. This is a landmark series is a must-have reference for all academic libraries and meets the needs of the full spectrum of users, from lower-level undergraduates through researchers and faculty.