Coaching and Learning in Schools
A Practical Guide
- Sarah Gornall - Freelance Coach and Consultant
- Mannie Burn - Consultant at Best Practice Network and Independent coach
Coaching | Leadership | Mentoring
The chapters cover:
- models and types of coaching
- specific frameworks for coaching
- the impact of coaching on personal and professional development
- how coaching can impact on raising attainment
- how coaching can improve teaching and learning.
Written by experienced educators and coaches, this book provides insight for all those involved in school leadership. Analysis of case studies involving professionals working in early years, primary, secondary and post-16 settings highlights what makes coaching effective. Further reflection shows how coaching and learning are inextricably connected. Clear explanations of coaching models and tools enable readers to expand their own range as coaches.
Sarah Gornall is a Leadership Coach and the Director of Coaching Climate. Mannie Burn works with Best Practice Network and as an independent coach in schools
Really useful book for school based mentors. Provides some very helpful advice and practical guidance on coaching.
This is a quick and easy book to read to get a good understanding of how coaching can be supportive in educational settings. The case study material is useful in deepening understanding.
Thought-provoking insight for mentors and the mentored in school situations.
Coaching is a conversation, presented as a conversation is an ideal way for beginners and more experienced practitoners to fine tune and develop their skills.
This text will provide practical examples of how coaching and mentoring are used.