All On-Your-Feet Guide orders receive FREE SHIPPING! Use code SHIPOYFG at check out.
This bundle includes The Five Practices in Practice, Elementary and the new On-Your-Feet Guide to Orchestrating Mathematical Discussions. Combined, this package becomes your go-to resource for content study and easy in-class implementation of The Five Practices in your elementary classroom.
The Five Practices in Practice, Middle School
Take a deeper dive into understanding the five practices—anticipating, monitoring, selecting, sequencing, and connecting—for facilitating productive mathematical conversations in your elementary classrooms and learn to apply them with confidence. This follow-up to the modern classic, Five Practices for Orchestrating Productive Mathematics Discussions, shows the five practices in action in Grades K-5 classrooms and empowers teachers to be prepared for and overcome the challenges common to orchestrating math discussions.
The chapters unpack the five practices and guide teachers to a deeper understanding of how to use each practice effectively in an inquiry-oriented classroom. This book will help you launch meaningful mathematical discussion through
· Key questions to set learning goals, identify high-level tasks, anticipate student responses, and develop targeted
· assessing and advancing questions that jumpstart productive discussion—before class begins
· Video excerpts from real elementary classrooms that vividly illustrate the five practices in action and include built-inopportunities for you to consider effective ways to monitor students’ ideas, and successful approaches for selecting,sequencing, and connecting students’ ideas during instruction
· “Pause and Consider” prompts that help you reflect on an issue—and, in some cases, draw on your ownclassroom experience—prior to reading more about it
· “Linking To Your Own Instruction” sections help you implement the five practices with confidence in your own instruction
The book and companion website provide an array of resources including planning templates, sample lesson plans and completed monitoring tools, and mathematical tasks. Enhance your fluency in the five practices to bring powerful discussions of mathematical concepts to life in your classroom.
The On-Your-Feet Guide to Orchestrating Mathematical Discussions
Laminated, 8.5”x11” tri-fold (6 pages), 3-hole punched
This On-Your-Feet-Guide provides:
· Key questions, tools, and challenges for each practice to consider as you plan and carry out your mathematics lesson
· Special considerations and helpful hints to think about as you troubleshoot your lessons and assess your implementation of the practices
· A focus on supporting equity and identityBrief videos with additional commentary from authors and teachers about each of the five practices