A balanced blend of theory and practice, this book outlines the basic concepts, theories, tools and techniques of environmental economics, which not only enable the reader to diagnose the root causes of environmental problems and identify practicable solutions, but also facilitate the design of environmental policy and management strategies.
The book combines:
- innovative synthesis of concepts, ideas and theories;
- presentation in a simple, easy-to-comprehend language and style;
- illustrations and examples from real life situations;
- latest available research data on various environmental problems, including global warming, acid rain and depletion of the ozone layer; and
- special focus on environmental policy and management.
Useful as a textbook at graduate and post-graduate levels, it caters to the needs of students, teachers, researchers, environment managers and policy-makers in India.