Archival and Secondary Data
- Tarani Chandola - The University of Manchester, UK
- Cara Booker - University of Essex, UK
March 2022 | 184 pages | SAGE Publications Ltd
Data archives provide rich and expansive sources of information for researchers. Part of the SAGE Qualitative Research Kit, this book highlights the utility of secondary data analyses whilst showing you how to select the right datasets for your study, and in turn get the most out of your research.
- Practical, up-to-date guidance on secondary data research.
- Covers topics such as: Generating a research question, selecting datasets and variables, examining univariate, bivariate and multivariate associations, and visualisng your data via tables or graphs
- Includes an extensive case study to see the entire process in action
What Is Archival and Secondary Data Analysis?
From Ideas to Research Questions
Finding secondary data
Getting to know the data
Basic Data Management
Manipulating data and basic statistical analysis
Writing up your analyses
Complexities of working with secondary data: Limitations of Archival and Secondary Data Analysis