"This is a highly entertaining book about a very serious topic. Beautifully written, funny and organized in a way that students and the general public will understand complex notions about stress."
- Sonia Lupien, Director of the Centre for Studies on Human Stress, University of Montreal
"Perfect for my stress and cognition module, accessible and informative, great level of detail."
- James Byron-Daniel, University of the West of England, Bristol
Anisman systematically reviews the key research over the past 30 years and presents his insights in a lively, interesting pedagogical fashion to allow you to fully appreciate the diversity of the field of stress and its impact on our health. Key features include:
- A consideration of the value of numerous therapeutic strategies to diminish distress and stress-related pathologies.
- An exploration of many new conceptual perspectives relevant to stress processes and pathology.
- Information is presented in an easy-to-read manner with lots of pointers to the key concepts to remember.
An Introduction to Stress and Health is an indispensable text for upper-level undergraduate and postgraduate students taking courses in health psychology, stress, health and illness.