The Tenth Edition of An Introduction to Intercultural Communication prepares today’s readers to successfully navigate our increasingly global community. Fred E. Jandt introduces essential communication skills and concepts that will enable readers to interact successfully with different cultures and ethnic groups. Jandt offers readers unique insights into intercultural communication, at home and abroad, through an emphasis on history, culture, and popular media. Throughout the text, Jandt reinforces the important roles that stories, personal experiences, and self-reflection play in building our intercultural understanding and competence. New to this edition:
- New material on religion and identity, gender identity, and gender expression enables readers to explore the most current coverage on modern theories.
- Focus on Skills boxes have been expanded to include more activities that provide students with additional practice of intercultural communication skills.
- Focus on Technology boxes illustrate the impact of the newest communication technology on intercultural encounters.
- The popular map program provide students with additional context for discussion of cultures and regions across the globe and dynamic data displays that are popular with students.
Jandt's cultural perspective on communication is imparted through a range features: These include scenarios for students to respond to and "global voices" in the form of provocative quotes, with objectives and interactive summaries encasing each chapter. His engaging writing style also makes the text easy to read and comprehend.
To complement this, SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning.
SAGE edge for instructors supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students with:
- a password-protected site for complete and protected access to all text-specific instructor resources;
- test banks that provide a diverse range of ready-to-use options that save you time. You can also easily edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions;
- multimedia content that meet the learning needs of today’s media-savvy students and bring concepts to life;
- sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses that provide suggested models for structuring your courses;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions;
- discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content;
- chapter-specific class activities to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content; and
- a course cartridge for easy LMS integration.
SAGE edge for students enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts;
- eQuizzes that allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention;
- learning objectives that reinforce the most important material;
- expanded tables from the book; and
- meaningful Web links that facilitate student use of Internet resources, further exploration of topics, and responses to critical thinking questions.