Addiction Recovery Tools
A Practical Handbook
- Robert H. Coombs - UCLA School of Medicine, USA
· How does it work?
· Why does it work and with whom?
· What are the practical guidelines for success?
· What are the potential pitfalls?
Each chapter contains a brief history of each tool as well as a number of practical aids, including worksheets, lists, scales, guidelines, and interactive exercises to help the practitioner incorporate the tool into practice. The book also contains a number of instructional resources for the practitioner (for training, continuing education, and career enhancement).
· A knowledgeable and experienced addiction specialist describes each recovery tool.
· Clinicians will learn which recovery tools will work best with each of their patients, and how to incorporate these tools into their practice.
· Discusses a wide variety of non-traditional approaches, such as acupuncture and spirituality enhancement.