10 Mindframes for Leaders
The Visible Learning Approach to School Success
- John Hattie - The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Raymond Smith - Educational Consultant
Corwin Official VLP Collection
Leadership | Leadership & Management
It’s not what you do, it’s how you think about what you do.
Mindframes—your internal set of beliefs about your role as school leader—determine the high-impact leadership practices you choose to implement. In other words, how you think about the impact of the actions you take has more effect on student achievement than your leadership practices themselves.
Building on over twenty-five years of Visible Learning research and girded by a theory of action that ensures school leaders have the expertise to select, implement, and evaluate high impact interventions, 10 Mindframes for Leaders: The VISIBLE LEARNING® Approach to School Success brings the mindframes of ten world-renowned educators to life. Ten chapters, each written by a different thought leader, detail a mindframe at the heart of successful school leadership, along with the high probability influences that make each mindframe visible. A must-have resource for any educator working toward student achievement at ever-higher levels, each chapter includes:
• The most current, up-to-date findings from the Visible Learning research, including the factors from Visible Learning that support each mindframe
• Practical ideas for leaders to implement high-impact strategies in classrooms and schools
• Vignettes, questions, insights, and exercises to help educators clarify and refine their own mindframes
Lead your school to reform from the inside out. Cultivate these ways of thinking, and you’re more likely to have major impacts on the learning lives of those students entrusted to your care.
Includes Contributions From…John Hattie, Peter DeWitt, Raymond L. Smith, Doug Fisher, Janet Clinton, Nancy Frey, Dylan Wiliam, Dominique Smith, Jenni Donohoo, Laura Link, Michael Fullan, Sugata Mitra, Zaretta Hammond, Jim Knight