Lecturers - request an e-inspection copy of this text or contact your local SAGE representative to discuss your course needs.
In Writing and Doing Action Research, Jean McNiff provides a comprehensive and user-friendly guide to the practical aspects of writing and doing action research.
Written for practitioners involved in higher degree courses and professional development programmes, and students undertaking methods courses, this book includes guidance on how to:
- Carry out an action research project in your setting
- Present your findings in a dissertation, report or thesis
- Write up your research with an eye to informing policy
- Demonstrate the quality of your research and writing
- Be critical and write theoretically
- Write for journals and prepare thesis and book proposals
The book contains excerpts taken from action research projects in a range of settings and presents exercises to help you develop successful written accounts of your research.
Writing and Doing Action Research is an essential text for anyone working with action research, providing vital guidance on the preparation and production of texts, how this type of work is assessed and enabling you to get the best results from your research.