Working with Young People
- Sheila Curran - The Open University
- Roger Harrison - The Open University
- Donald Mackinnon - The Open University
Childhood and Youth Studies (General) | Youth / Community Work (General) | Youth Work
- the social context of young people
- values and principles that underpin practice
- the variety of settings in which practice takes place, and
- the importance of informal learning in the lives of young people.
Whether you are a new student or returning to study, Working with Young Poeple provides a stimulating introduction and a foundation for further study.
Sheila Curran is Senior Lecturer at The Open University.
Roger Harrison is Senior Lecturer at The Open University.
Donald Mackinnon is Lecturer at The Open University.
This is an excellent 2nd edition and I particulalry found the chapter on the digital age very useful
The second edition offers an excellent collection of updated material which is a must for practitioners and students alike.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Ch.1: Policy, Practice and Research in Work with Young People