We Need to Talk about Parents
A Teachers’ Guide to Working With Families
- Cathie Freeman - Independent counsellor, UK
- Jenni Gates - Independent counsellor, UK
Continuing Professional Development | Health & Wellbeing | Working with Parents
Working and communicating with parents is a fundamental part of being a teacher, and there are many interpersonal situations that you will be required to respond to in the classroom including difficulties at home, loss, abuse and special educational needs. In this smart and practical book, you will be provided with a framework for successful personal development to aid you in managing difficult communications with parents and the personal and professional challenges that come with modern teaching.
Key topics include:
· How to understand and develop compassion
· How to manage different types of emotional challenges
· Exploring different contexts where you will be communicating with families
· Your role in developing communities
· Working with families who have special needs and disability
Cathie Freeman is a senior psychological wellbeing practitioner.
Jenni Gates is an integrative counselling therapist.
A practical, passionate, provocative look at the relationship between home and school with a clear framework and a ton of actionable ideas for getting it right. A small but mighty book that will make you think and act a little differently; the children in your care will benefit hugely.