This second edition of Understanding Journalism tackles these changes head-on. It integrates media and cultural theory with the step-by-step development of writing skills to give students the techniques and the savvy they need to succeed.
Bigger and better, this new edition includes:
- a brand new chapter on who journalists are in the social media age
- reorganization of skills chapters to bring writing and editing to the fore
- full coverage and examples on Twitter, social media and SMS formats
- in-depth exploration of the ethical issues raised by new media platforms
- all new exercises, case scenarios and further readings
It is the essential guide for all students of journalism.