- Stuart Wilson, Queen Margaret University
The 3rd edition of Theoretical Issues in Psychology provides an authoritative overview of the conceptual issues in psychology which introduces the underlying philosophies that underpin them.
It includes new insights across the philosophy of science combined with increased psychological coverage to show clearly how these two communities interrelate, ensuring an integrative understanding of the fundamental debates and how they link to your wider studies. Key features of this new edition include:
- Concise paragraphs, multiple examples and additional summaries throughout to help you focus on key areas of knowledge.
- Textboxes with definitions and key concepts to help your understanding of the main debates and ideas.
- New content on the philosophy of mind, philosophy of science, cognition and cognitive neuroscience.
- New up-to-date material on consciousness and evolutionary psychology.
- For lecturers and teachers, PowerPoint slides are available for each chapter.
Sacha Bem & Huib Looren de Jong's textbook remains essential for students taking courses in conceptual and historical issues in psychology, the philosophy of psychology or theoretical psychology.