An ideal resource for busy managers and professionals seeking to build and expand their marketing research skills, The Market Research Toolbox describes how to use market research to make strategic business decisions.
This comprehensive collection of essential market research techniques, skills, and applications helps you solve real-world business problems in a dynamic and rapidly changing business atmosphere. Based on real-world experiences, it gives special attention to business-to-business markets, technology products, Big Data, and other web-enabled approaches.
Professionals with limited time or resources can easily translate the approaches from mass markets, simple products, and stable technologies to their own situations. You will master background context and the questions to ask before conducting research, as well as develop strategies for sorting through the extensive specialized material on market research.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- New case studies provide vivid examples of market research that can be applied to real-world situations, facilitating easier decision-making
- New discussion questions and exercises promote critical thinking by asking you to reflect on and develop a deeper understanding of the content
- New suggested readings offer additional in-depth and specialized market research information to help you go beyond introductory concepts and master specific issues
- New chapter on Big Data demonstrates how the availability of vast quantities of customer data opens up new opportunities to gain a strategic advantage
- New chapter on interview design introduces you to the basics of question selection and also provides examples of good and bad questioning techniques
- Expanded coverage of qualitative sampling and data analysis provides a deeper understanding of how to design and implement qualitative samples, as well as differentiating and integrating qualitative and quantitative sampling.
Calling all instructors!
It’s easy to log on to SAGE’s password-protected Instructor Teaching Site at http://study.sagepub.com/mcquarrie4e for complete and protected access to all text-specific Instructor Resources for The Market Research Tooldbox, Fourth Edition, by Edward F. McQuarrie. Simply provide your institutional information for verification and within 72 hours you’ll be able to use your login information for any SAGE title!
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A sample exam with the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- A sample course syllabus provides a suggested model for use when creating the syllabi for your courses.
- Suggested group project guidelines are designed to promote students’ in-depth engagement with course material.
- Suggestions for using the book provide session-by-session tips for using the text in graduate and undergraduate courses.