A comprehensive investigation of modern terrorism and the global terrorist environment. The book uses a multidisciplinary approach and discusses an array of global case studies from the ideology of ISIS, to the Orlando Mass Shooting, and State-Sponsored Terrorism in Iran and Pakistan, to provide readers with an in-depth account of international terrorist violence, from its emergence through to events taking place today.
Key topics examined in the book include:
- The Causes of Terrorism
- Terrorist Violence and the Role of the Media
- Gender-Selective Terrorism
- The Lone Wolf Theory
- The Future of Terrorism
The book is supported by online resources for students and lecturers, including: PowerPoint slides for each chapter, a sample syllabus, a list of films and documentaries related to key concepts in the book, and access to free SAGE journal articles.
Suitable reading for students studying Terrorism, International Terrorism, and Counter-terrorism.
- PowerPoints slides featuring figures, tables and key topics from the book can be downloaded and customized for use in your own presentations.
- Sample Syllabus which helps to devise a course plan according to the book’s organization.
- Testbank includes a range of essay, short answer and multiple choice questions for every chapter
- Journal Articles carefully chosen by the author
- Films and Documentaries selected to help students’ understanding of the key concepts
- Glossary with summaries of key terms.
- Journal Articles for each chapter
- Films and Documentaries to help enhance understanding of the theories and perspectives discussed in the textbook
- Glossary flashcards to help strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts.