Study Skills for Psychology has been shaped around a typical Psychology student's journey. Beginning with an overview of the nature of the degree and advice about what needs to be sorted out in the first few weeks of the course, this book tackles how to get the most from your lectures, exam preparation and project development, right through to contemplating and investigating future career options.
This highly accessible guide is designed to help you meet the challenges and reap the rewards of your degree by introducing a range of study skills and providing you with ways to practice those skills. This book should accompany you throughout your degree course as a resource that you can use whenever you need help.
Key features of Study Skills for Psychology include:
- Learning outcomes at the beginning of each chapter to highlight key areas
- Text boxes throughout to reaffirm understanding
- Numerous examples and illustrations
- Exercises and learning aids to enable practice of important skills
- A structure based around the PDP (Personal Development Planning) model, providing a framework through which you can understand what and how you learn, enabling you to plan, review and take responsibility for your own learning, performance and achievements.
An essential companion for any student, Study Skills for Psychology will give you the skills to enjoy your time studying for and succeeding in your Psychology degree.
SAGE Study Skills are essential study guides for students of all levels. From how to write great essays and succeeding at university, to writing your undergraduate dissertation and doing postgraduate research, SAGE Study Skills help you get the best from your time at university. Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!
Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!