This concise, easy-to-understand and highly visual book helps students to understand the principles behind the many statistical practices. This text helps students to build a mental map to enable them to work their way through tests and procedures with a better level of understanding (and ultimately feel more confident and get better grades). Statistical analysis will also be covered in the book in the same simple-to-follow way, without messy details or complicated formulae. However, this approach does not lead to simple understanding. Instead it allows students to really grasp how to use, and be creative with, statistics.
- A principles-based approach, helping students to apply and adapt their skills to a variety of situation
- Test out principles in practice on the companion website with statistics scenarios
- Carefully designed graphics to explain statistical principles
- Links to relevant sources / further reading for statistical packages, so the book can be used as a portal to/ springboard for further study.
- Developed in conjunction with students means this book answers the key challenges students face.
- Based on a BPS commended programme
Supported by a wealth of online resources at www.sagepub.co.uk/statisticsforpsychology
• Brand new animations for every chapter that either summarizes the chapter or explores a difficult area.
• More detail online – key theories or difficult concepts are marked in the book and explored in further detail online.
• ‘Work With Us’ – a whole suite of activities have been created for you to work through as you read the book.
• A data generator for you to practice with and work out your answers to ‘Work With Us’.
• Answers to the ‘Your Turn’ feature in the book
• Online bibliography
• Glossary flashcards for difficult terms,
• Links to authors’ Brawstat website tool which gives students real-life practice of statistics. https://sites.google.com/site/brawstatsguide/home/students-and-brawstats
• Lecturer’s guide to teaching statistics that maps the books content to traditional approaches to teaching statistics for psychology.