Social Welfare Policy for a Sustainable Future
The U.S. in Global Context
- Katherine S. van Wormer - University of Northern Iowa, USA
- Rosemary J. Link - Simpson College
American Public Policy | Social Policy (General)
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank is available containing multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- A Respondus electronic test bank is available and can be used on PCs. The test bank contains multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter and provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding. Respondus is also compatible with many popular learning management systems so you can easily get your test questions into your online course.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for use when creating the syllabi for your courses.
- Chapter summaries from the book summarize key concepts to help with preparation for lectures and class discussions.
- Lively and stimulating ideas for class activities can be used in class to reinforce active learning. The activities apply to individual or group projects.
- Discussion questions from the book help launch classroom interaction by prompting students to engage with the material and by reinforcing important content.
The open-access Student Study Site includes the following:
- Mobile-friendly web quizzes allow for independent assessment of progress made in learning course material.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to certain full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected for each chapter. Each article supports and expands on the concepts presented in the chapter. This feature also provides questions to focus and guide student interpretation. Combine cutting-edge academic journal scholarship with the topics in your course for a robust classroom experience.
- Video and multimedia links are designed to supplement key points within the text.
- Web exercises direct both instructors and students to useful and current web sites, along with creative activities to extend and reinforce learning or allow for further research on important chapter topics.
- Web resources are included for further research and insights.
A text with both critical thinking and sustainability focus.
[Van Wormer and Link] provide a timely examination of the impact of globalization on the social welfare state and conclude with a powerful section linking policy analysis to practice. I highly recommend this book for BSW and MSW programs seeking to significantly integrate sustainability content into their policy courses.
This excellent book is very relevant to twenty-first century social welfare policy. I highly recommend it.
Dr. van Wormer and Dr. Link have written the book those of us concerned with sustainable global policy have been longing to find. They present an inspiration, challenging the social work imagination to find creative solutions for sustainable future policymaking.